Thursday, February 4, 2010

Decorating our Home

Here are some pictures of a few of our "decorations" that we had this past Christmas. I of course did not take pictures of everything. One thing that I did not take a picture of was the kids' Little People Nativity Set. They had the stable with the manger, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, shepherd, angel, cow, dog, donkey last year and then this year Mimi gave them the 3 wise men which each came with its own tent and camel. Each morning at breakfast Matt would read part of the Christmas story from Luke to them and it was neat to then see them acting out what he had read with the Little People.
We let them put window clings on the window in their room and I let them put them up by themselves only helping when they asked. They really enjoy this and we have done this for Valentine's Day and spring as well.
I made this chain at "MAP" (Mothers at Providence) and each day one of the kids would pull off a link and either Matt or I would read it to them and then on Christmas I read the whole thing and it was a poem of the Christmas story.
I also forgot to take a picture of the quilted wall hanging that my mom made for them of a Christmas tree with buttons and pockets. In each pocket there is a little ornament for them to hang on the "tree" and there are 24 buttons so it is an advent wall hanging. We took turns each day - one would open the link and the other would hang the ornament on the wall hanging. I guess I'll have to come up with one more thing for next year and work out a rotation!

While we were decorating the tree I made some hot chocolate for Maddie and me. The boys were not interested.
We let the kids hang a few decorations before they went to bed and then we finished up.



No comments: