Monday, April 26, 2010

Are they getting it?

This post will not have pictures, but wanted to share what Maddie and Davis have been up to for the past few days. On Saturday Davis was throwing his cars and I reminded him that his cars were not balls and he is not supposed to throw them. Matt also reminded him that he had to go put his nose in the corner (time out) when he threw a car and it hit Matt and almost hit baby Kallie the night before. Well, we went on doing what we were doing and I looked up a few minutes later and Davis had his nose in the corner. I asked him if he had thrown his cars and he said yes. He had put himself in time out! He hasn't thrown his cars again since.
Well, this morning I think people are praying for me. Davis and Kallie are feeling under the weather with colds and Maddie had woken up really chatty. I was praying for extra patience because she was so chatty and Davis was so clingy. Well, Maddie has made her bed without being told and then told me that she was going to go have her "quiet time." She explained that she doesn't read books she puts together puzzles. She got up on her bed and put together puzzles quietly for about 20 minutes. Wanted to write this down so I would remember it for years to come and I thought some grandparents and great grandparents might enjoy reading it as well.

1 comment:

Davis Family Blog said...

They are the smartest and best children in the world. Matt got mad at me one time when he was little and said, "i'm gonna go get on my bed!" I said, "OK" He said, "I'm gonna stay there!" I said, "OK" and off he went. I use to make him go sit on his bed when he needed a time out.