Saturday, June 12, 2010

Morning at the Museum

Back in May we went a friend Amy and her little boy, Luke, to a museum in downtown Raleigh. I actually used to take my pre-k kids here on a field trip, so it was kind of neat to be able to take my own kids. We did storytime and just let the kids walk around the museum a little. The story time was a little long and the boys got a little restless, but they were able to see some snakes and Davis even touched one. Here they are sitting on the "bleachers" in storytime.
The butterfly room and dinosaur room are always a big hit for the kids. One butterfly landed on Davis's face as soon as we got in the butterfly area, but I didn't have my camera. Another butterfly landed on my shirt and then on my camera. I bent down to show Kallie the butterfly on my camera and looked away for a second to check on Davis and when I turned back around this is what I found...
Can you see the poor butterfly caught in Kallie's grasp? Amy snapped this picture of me as I am trying to figure out a way to gently let the butterfly free. Thankfully the butterfly flew away instead of falling to the ground...

Another butterfly landed on Amy's stroller and the kids are checking it out.
After the museum we walked to a new farmer's market and had a picnic lunch in the shade.

Amy brought some chocolate cupcakes without icing, but Davis still made a mess :)
My sweet friend Amy and her son Luke. We were right outside of her old work building and she was able to see a lot of her old coworkers.

Fountain by the farmers market - that we didn't actually get to because it was so hot and the kids were ready for a nap after the museum and lunch and some bathroom breaks. We figured out we should have just done lunch, the fountain and the farmers market.
Looks like Davis wanted in that water! It was actually less than an inch deep - just ran over the bottom and looked deeper.
Maddie saw this funny statue outside of one of the shops and started talking to it like a friend so I snapped a picture.
Davis then wanted me to snap a picture of him with this horse statue.
3 worn out friends

No comments: