Wednesday, March 25, 2009

7 Blogs in 7 Days Challenge: Day 4

Matt gave Davis a Haircut

I know that the Jonas Brothers are getting the attention of all the young girls these days but I really dislike their hair.  Who knows, maybe if Davis could talk he might say, “Dad I really want all the young girls to like me, so I need to have big, wavy/curly hair just like the Jonas Brothers.”  But Davis certainly can’t articulate that.  And since Davis can’t articulate what kind of hairstyle he has, its up to us, his parents, to determine that for him.  Saturday night I decided that the boy’s hair was getting too long and that he was beginning to resemble one of the Jonas Brothers too much.  Then after a little convincing and a little compromise (I wanted to use the clippers with a two guard like I use, Amy didn’t want his hair that short) Amy agreed to let me cut his hair.  So I got out the clippers and went to work.  Here are the results (try to ignore the runny nose):

  March 2009 028  March 2009 029 Overall the haircut process went pretty well.  Davis freaked out a little just because he wasn’t sure what was going on, but overall he sat pretty still and didn’t cry much at all.  The curls are gone and there are still two full ears on his head, so I would say the first hair cut from dad was a success.  The summer is coming though so we may have to move that clipper guard down from a four to a two.  What do you think?